Patch 1.3.2 is live
An update for General Practitioner is available for download!
- Clicking anywhere when displaying a dialogue during online shopping won't result in accidental selections anymore
- Fixed an issue which made the game refer to male children as "girl"
- Fixed a missing image during Aaron's Three's a Crowd conversation
- Winning the most difficult challenge against Koola in the gym will now grant you 1000$ as intended (from 100)
- Fixed a crashing issue during Dwayne's examination
- Fixed an inconsistency with a dialogue line from "Living Together" chapter if you didn't invite Claudia to the Festival
- Fixed an inconsistent line of dialogue regarding a promise you made to Claudia if you never made it in the first place
- Fixed inconsistencies during Medical Board's advice on Kamil's first examination
- Fixed an issue which caused Alexandra's abdominal exam to be unavailable before undressing her completely
- Fixed a calendar issue which caused the calendar to calculate the wrong day in January
- Fixed an issue which caused an incorrect timeframe after Trip to Japan and Trip to Canada
- A number of graphical glitches have been fixed
- Removed a redundant, incorrect diagnosis in Elliott's exam
- Fixed an image inconsistency during Joy's Festival (Erika's path) by adding two different images
- Fixed a wrong prescription text in Josh's 2nd exam
- Fixed an issue which prevented to examine Kelli's legs in her exam
- A rare issue involving achievements is currently under investigation. I reset all the "persistent" entries trying to fix this one, but I cannot grant previously-earned achievements that were affected by the issue. It looks like the issue affects players who played the Alpha release more than others. You can try to manually reset the achievements by deleting the "persistent" file in your "save" folder. Please note that doing this will also reset your ending (meaning the "New Game+" option will be locked again) and any customized setting (i.e. fullscreen, skip options, vanilla mode etc.)
- It was reported that, in very rare cases, saved games could behave erratically after applying this patch (i.e. right-clicking, hitting ESC not working properly). I made a fix to try to overcome this issue, even though the error appears so randomly that it's almost impossible to understand its origin. Still, new games are not affected by it and you should be able to play the game by loading it without problems. To achieve that I had to reset any customized setting (i.e. fullscreen, skip options, vanilla mode etc.), sorry for any discomfort this might cause. In case you are still affected by the issue just try and reload an earlier saved game. The problem has been reported to disappear just like it appeared.
- Claudia will no longer be seen sleeping with the Doctor after she moves to Germany
- Fixed inconsistencies with Erika's advice during some random examinations
- Fixed an issue with Vanessa/Aaron not recognizing you got a car when you have
- Fixed Newscaster stating the security guard was being shot even though she wasn't during Conrad's exam
- After beating Mr. Xuan in Tang Soo Do you will no longer run errands for him nor training with Kiko when starting a new day
- A new medical examination music has been added to random patients
- The waiting room will now open on May 5th, regardless of the patients you already examined
- Rita's, Kiko's and Julius' exams are no longer skippable as they are mandatory for the game's consistency. You will automatically go to the clinic when it's time to examine them.
- End credits will now take the player to the Main Menu instead of quitting the game
- Mr. Ellis' name is no longer case-sensitive when you have to type it to recognize him
- The Interactive phone has been restored from earlier alpha builds.
- You can now click on the "Stairs" icon to exit the clinic without making any clinic-related choice or have to hit the return button
- New Game+ has been introduced in the game. To unlock it you will need to finish the game at least once (up to the point where end credits are shown) and to Start a new game. The game will then ask you if you wish to start from scratch or from a New game plus. New Game+ retains your money, medical items bought, relationship levels with every potential romance (except Christina) and skills. It will also unlock the Waiting Room right from the beginning. It will NOT include people you met in the game nor already performed exams and events. Other events (pool subscription, gym subscription, Norah's meeting) are not unlocked.
- An option to choose which chapter to play has been added to the game. You can go to the Church to "Meditate on your life" and choose a specific chapter to jump to, even previously played ones. Please be aware that skipping makes the game to assume certain choices have been made by default. As the in-game calendar isn't updated (that's because events can play in different days depending on choices), it also advances events ahead of time, so you could end up playing the "Christmas Dinner" event in June for example. I recommend you to use it after you finished the game at least once. Also, many events that depend on your romance paths (i.e. Elisa's whole pregnancy story) are not available to skip upon, since not setting the proper variables would cause the game to behave erratically. Ultimately, this feature is not the proper way to play the game and it could lead to unexpected behavior.
- Added the "Experienced Doctor" achievement unlockable by starting a New Game Plus
Thank you for playing the game!
Be safe and healthy,
General Practitioner 1.4 2 GB
Version 74 54 days ago
Get General Practitioner
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.